The first step to setting up your property is setting up your room types and unit numbers to establish inventory. It’s important to note that successful integration with a CRS requires that WavePM room type codes and numbers match the CRS in order to sync. Mistaken spaces and capital letters can result in bad connection.
- Under Admin, go to Room Operations, then Room Types
- Add room types needed for the property by clicking New Room Type
- The following fields are not necessary for the room type to be saved.
- Display Order
- Extra People Charge Start
- Extra People Fee
- Short Description
- Once you set up your room types, you need to create room numbers to set property inventory.
a. Go to Admin, Room Operations, Manage Rooms
- Click New Room
- Select Room type from the pull down menu
- Fill fields appropriately, Housekeeping Status and Floor are the only required fields.
- Add any room condition notes that may be unique to this room
- If surveys are set up appropriately with Categories, this tab will show condition scores related to this room.
- If this is an owned property/room the contract info will show under the Contract info tab.
- If you would like to add pictures to show unique features of this unit, you may do so under the images tab.
- Room images stored here can be accessed when a user is assigning a room, so that the room’s unique set up and features can be viewed, as well as texted or emailed to guests.
- Under Maintenance Tasks, you can set a maintenance task for this room by date and time, accessible by rooms staff on the housekeeping/service system.
- Building automation is an optional functionality that controls the unit temperature based on certain criteria.